Looking for the best running shoes for flat feet your money can buy? Then just take a quick look over the table below, and get the info about the shoes you’re looking for.
|Asics GT 2000 3|
|Brooks Beast 14|
|Asics Gel Kayano 21|
|New Balance 940v2|
|Fila Interstellar 2|
Asics GT 2000 3
Brooks Beast 14
Asics Gel Kayano 21
New Balance 940v2
Fila Interstellar 2
What Are Flat feet?
If you have pain in your feet or ankle points, it is likely that you have flat feet. An arch creates a curve in the middle of the foot. The ligaments and tendons in your feet help form this arch. Since your feet support your entire body and when these tendons and ligaments weaken it puts weakens the arch. This condition is known as flat feet. Usually, this occurs due to result of collapsed arch. When you are standing, the sole of the foot do not touch the ground. But when you have a flat foot, the sole of your foot touches the ground. With the fallen arch, ligaments and tendons weaken, thereby causing excruciating pain in the lower leg muscle, ankle and feet. This condition can also give rise to discomfort on your lower back and hips as well as cause weakened posture.
What Causes Flat Feet?
- Family history- one of the main reasons for a flat foot is family history. Some people believe this condition runs in the family.
- Injury- broken bones in the feet or a sprained ankle can also give rise to this condition.
- Arthritis- some health conditions such as arthritis often cause flat feet.
- Ruptured tendon- Tibialis posterior or ruptured tendon is another important cause of having a flat foot. Apart from this, stretched tendon also often causes this condition.
- Pregnancy- often pregnancy is linked with having a flat foot.
- Shoes- wearing ill fitted or uncomfortable shoes that don’t have proper arch support also give rise to flat foot.
- Nerve problems- people suffering from certain types of nerve problems often complain of flat foot.
- Wear and tear or aging- aging is one of the primary reasons that causes flat feet. This is because the years of using the feet to run, jog or jump might take a toll on it. In fact, the posterior tibial tendon might become weak or it might become inflamed. After the tendon gets damaged, the arch shape becomes flat.
Guidelines When Buying Running Shoes For People With Flat Feet
There are about 20 to 25 percent of people across the world who suffer from flat foot condition. Due to this reason they are not able to wear all types of shoes since it increases the discomfort. Buying the right shoes will not only reduce the chances of injury, but will also provide good support to the feet.
The first and the most important guideline for picking up shoes for people with flat feet is understanding the feet. The arch present inside the foot acts a shock absorbing device.
Look for particular brands-There are several brands that design special shoes for people with similar conditions. Some of the big brands also design shoes based on the category, such as running or walking shoes for people with flat foot.
Buying shoes isn’t just all, you need to pick up the right size as well. Since discomfort can simply increase the problem for these people, try to buy a pair of shoes that fits well. This means, it should not be too tight or too loose.